Rent To Own Information sheet
WHAT IS RENT TO OWN?
Rent – To – Own is the new policy introduced by the administration of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode to make housing more readily available to the teaming population of Lagos State. This policy is to ensure that more people that wouldn’t have been home owners are accommodated. It is a system whereby prospective home owners make a 5% down payment, take possession and pay up the remaining balance as rent towards the ownership of the property over a period of 10years.
The policy is aimed at bridging the gap of Lagos State Housing deficit of about 2.55 million in the next 10years and sensitizes the citizenry to own a home with 5% of the value as equity.
1. Applicant must be primarily resident in Lagos State and will be required to submit a copy of their Lagos State Residents Registration Card.
2. Applicant must be a First Time Buyer
3. Applicant must be 21 years Old and above.
4. Only tax compliant will be eligible under the Lagos State Rent To Own policy and must provide the proof of tax payment.
5. Applicant must be able to make the 5% commitment fee payment.
6. Applicant must pass the Affordability Test and not more than, 33% Of the monthly income as repayment.
APPLICATION AND SUBMISSION:
1. Pick up the Application form at the following locations: Lagos State Mortgage Board (LagosHOMS) Office; LBIC Building, Ground Floor, Plot 1, Assbifi Road, CBD, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos), or Ministry of Housing, OR Download the form online.
2. Make payment of N10,000 at the specified bank. Complete the application form in accordance with the instructions.
3. Submit application form with the payment receipt and copies of all necessary supporting documents in person at Lagos State Mortgage Board (LagosHOMS) Office; LBIC Building, Ground Floor, Plot 1, Assbifi Road, CBD, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos) OR submit online!
CONTACT US AT 07044519311, 08124817363, 08033043174